Fabricator 1/Welder 1
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for a Fabricator 1 / Welder 1 position in the Global Engineered Infrastructure Products (EIP) Division, Salem, Oregon location.Â We are looking for a highly driven individual that will process material in accordance with shop drawings through the use of designated machines.Â In addition, this position will complete welding training and demonstrate weld quality and efficiency to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using a variety of arc welding equipment. Â Additionally, you will. . .
- Use various measuring equipment such as and not limited to, tape measure, weld bead gauges, angle finder, and protractor
- Perform fabrication process utilizing and determining necessary machines and layout tools. Possible progress items: Horizontal Saw, Â Press Brake, CNC Dupli-punch, CNC Torch, CNC Turret Press, CNC Angle Master, VMC, Painting, Hand Plasmas
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence
- Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
- Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well as all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Maintain material traceability and perform general housekeeping.
What it takes
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- The ability to accurate read a measuring tape and knowledge of basic mathematics
- The ability to read weld symbols and blueprints
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work in a team environment and produce as a team
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
- One year of previous qualified welding experience in a professional environment
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].