Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Lathe Machinist I reports to the Superintendent, Operations, and is responsible for set-up and operation of CNC machines to produce machined parts. The CNC Lathe Machinist I works in high-paced environment, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping accurate records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Produce on-time quality parts to customer specifications.
- Verify set-up sheets and print requirements using shop math and measuring instruments.
- Adhere to company processes and procedures to comply ISO and AS9100 standards.
- Works effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Contribute to the company and your team by identifying and communicating project improvement opportunities.
- Follow basic shop housekeeping rules.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Basic shop math.
- Basic ability reading of prints and geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Cutting tools
- Efficiency at production level machining.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Work efficiently in a team environment.
- Remain self-motivated, highly organized and multi-task effectively.
- Accurately measure dimensions on parts.
- Machine parts with tight tolerances (.001).
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working towards being able to run more than one machine.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's Degree and/or trade school certification in machining or equivalent.
- 2 years of CNC machining experience and on-the-job-training may be considered in lieu of degree.