Serves as the business banker for new and existing business clients between $1 million and $5 million in revenue. Develops and grows new business by building and maintaining strong relationships with prospects and clients. Drives high volume opportunities and engagements within defined markets. Leverages automated systems and processes to enhance customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates and develops new business through outside business development activities including utilizing targeted lists. Ensures ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client's initial experience with Umpqua Bank.
- Develops revenue-generating client relationships by calling on prospective or existing customers; identifying prospects, suitable method of contact, and determination of their needs and appropriate products or services including cross market solutions (i.e. lending, deposits, treasury management, wealth management, etc.). Leverages the Bank's turnkey solutions including automated scoring.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of client's needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through relationship review and personal meetings providing integrated delivery of financial services.
- Achieves individual annual production and growth goals for business banking deposits, fees and loans to ensure the bank meets its overall financial targets.
- Builds client referral pipeline via identification and development of internal and external centers of influence.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products. Includes studies of industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
- Partners consistently with other internal business partners to uncover opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Actively participates in community organizations to source business development opportunities and maximize networking. Demonstrating Umpqua's commitment to the local community.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become “The World's Greatest Bank.“
- May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant business/commercial banking experience or equivalent required.
- Strong relationship management skills including, but not limited to: new business development, analytical thinking, problem solving, strong sales skills, and intermediate credit and credit quality skills.
- Strong credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
- Strong knowledge of business banking policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of cash management solutions and deposit solutions, including product, policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences.
- Knowledge working with structuring credit products for small businesses in diverse industries.
- Proficient with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Requires close visual acuity.
- Normal office environment and exposure to weather when visiting customer sites.
- Frequent local travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.