Home Health Aide
Location : Facility Name Willcare HCBS Requisition ID 2019-71336 Location : Postal Code 14779 Position Type PRN Work Schedule Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN) CATEGORY AIDE Location : City Salamanca Location : State/Province NY
Currently hiring Home Health and Personal Care Aides in the Salamanca area. We offer Weekly Pay, Flexible Schedules and FREE PCA Training!
The Home Health Aide is a person who provides aide, support, assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home.
Willcare is a proud member of LHC Group, the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as well as all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other confidentiality obligations.
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient's condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediate notification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual conditions.
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of daily living as applicable including: bathing, dental care, nail care, filing only, skin care including peri care and lotion application.
- Safe transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair.
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal care, dressing, positioning and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker or crutches, if appropriate and helps patients care for themselves.
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations.
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient's preferred or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Six months experience in home care preferred.
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient's needs.
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Able to work independently.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.