VP, SBA Lending Officer - Remote
BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank and national SBA Lender founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. We are a true community bank, and our unique model is grounded in supporting the strength and heart of our communities: individuals, families, and small business owners.
We are both current and comfortable for the broad customer base and communities in which we serve. We are socially responsible and understand our duty to the economic impact of the underserved. As a progressive and innovative organization, we are constantly moving forward in the changing world around us by acting with speed, simplicity, and decisiveness to meet our customers on their terms as products, technologies, and customer experience expectations evolve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, flexibility, competitive compensation, and best-in-class benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Vice President/Small Business Administration Lending Officer is responsible for developing, soliciting and promoting new SBA loans independently by working and maintaining relationships with outside and inside referral partners. The incumbent will develop a plan to generate new loan applications, prepare credit analyses, present credit requests to executive management, monitor payment records, and maintain a working relationship with current and potential borrowers. Minimum production standards $15.0M annually and averaging $3.75M quarterly.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct calling on referrals from inside and outside bank partners in a direct effort to develop new loan business.
- Meet/exceed production related goals on new loans, per individual lender LO.
- Screen out non-target deals early and efficiently.
- Collect necessary information from loan applicants for loan requests to be understood, properly underwritten, and monitored through weekly pipeline sales meetings.
- Respond to the credit department’s questions pertaining to the underwriting process to determine the credit worthiness of loan applicants.
- Effectively present information to senior management.
- Work with customers throughout the application and closing process
- Establish strong referral network and relationships with commercial real estate brokers, loan brokers, CPAs and other referral sources to solicit new SBA loan leads.
- Maintain working knowledge of lending related legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Participate in regular sales and marketing meetings and events to promote the bank’s products and services.
- Provide exceptional customer service; send out term sheets within 48 hours of when applicant is determined compliant.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree (B.A.) in Finance, Business or related field.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum 6-10 years in a commercial lending environment
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Must be detailed oriented with good problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes to procedures are common
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements and legal documents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while speaking with customers
- Proven decision-making ability
- Proficient in MS Windows/Outlook
- Ability to work flexible schedules as customers are located in all U.S. Time Zones, include Hawaii.
BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.