Every member of the Covenant Care team is dedicated to making moments count for our patients and their families. When your goal is to help others live their lives to the fullest, your life becomes fuller too. We promise.
Ready to join our family?
Whether caring for patients directly or serving in administrative roles to support those who do, our associates enjoy a supportive environment and flexible schedule with professional advancement opportunities. Covenant Care's team culture is founded upon mutual respect and trust.
We recognize and celebrate the value of each staff member's unique contributions, which ensure excellence in compassionate care to the patients and families we serve.
Under general supervision and in accordance with agency standards and policies, prepares social histories, care plan, provides social casework to patients and families having difficulty in social functioning primarily as it affects their health. Refers and aids in the referral process to social agencies, and generally serves as a social worker in the agency's total program.
- MS degree in Social Work required.
- 1-2 years' experience in home health agency or hospital setting preferred
- CPR certification.
- Current driver's license with access to an auto and required insurance coverage.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides social casework as an entity where appropriate to individuals and families receiving nursing or other service from the Agency.
- Prepares social histories to augment existing service, or as a guide in determining or changing level of service, utilizing appropriate community resources when appropriate.
- Participates in the development of a care provider plan, with input from the client and family members, evaluates client's progress towards a goal on an ongoing basis. Makes changes as necessary, under the physician's direction.
- Assesses, when appropriate, a family's financial situation taking into consideration patient's prognosis and medical needs, referring to an agency for financial assistance when indicated, interpreting the medical situation to the referring agency and generally facilitating the process of referral.
- Responds to referrals for casework by agency staff or by professionals from outside the agency, providing service as appropriate.
- Participates in agency case conferences identifying social programs, their severity, interrelatedness to the medical situation, as well as assessing a family's strengths and weaknesses, and discussing alternate methods of alleviating the situation.
- Refers patients and families to community agencies.
- Participates in case conferences with other agencies.
- Interprets social resources to staff and health services to social agencies
- Keeps records and participates in research in keeping with total program. Prepares clinical and progress notes on an ongoing basis.
- Notes progress towards discharge planning. Communicates with physician and other disciplines regarding discharge planning.
- Assesses the client's psychosocial status on an ongoing basis and assists interdisciplinary team members in understanding both the social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Social work services provided include short-term individual counseling, community resource planning, and crisis intervention, when necessary.
- Participates in the PI program by utilizing suggestion boxes, customer service, and brings matters to attention of management staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible with workflow, department needs and work hours. Updates management regarding potential problems or concerns. Also responsible for consulting with clinicians or managers as needed.
- Maintains an understanding of the company's scope of services.
- Understands the infrastructure and how and where to transfer calls in the company.
- Maintains a professional image.
- Uses appropriate phone etiquette. Understands the infrastructure of Covenant Home Health Care to appropriately transfer calls within the agency
- Promotes a customer friendly atmosphere for all visitors and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in accreditation program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in in-service program
Contact the Human Resources Department at 850.365.9659 for more information. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.