Senior Claims Adjuster
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our St. Petersburg office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. Today, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida and has recently expanded to California.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Claims Adjuster with first-party property claims experience to join our growing claims team. Since we tackle insurance differently, we want you to draw on your expertise in Florida residential property claims while helping us to continue to innovate on behalf of Kin’s customers and our stakeholders.
A day in the life could include:
- Examining and appropriately interpreting insureds’ policies, forms in force and other records to determine coverage and extent of company’s liability
- Communicating and corresponding with customers throughout the Claims process while providing high quality customer service
- Drafting, approving and adjusting estimates of damage and loss amounts
- Using varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, consulting with police, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documentation
- Estimating cost of repair, replacement, or compensation
- Writing clear, concise diary notes, setting field assignments, setting and saving contacts, and issuing payments
- Appropriately applying knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years of first-party property claims adjusting experience
- 3+ years of experience working directly for a carrier
- Working knowledge of Florida insurance laws and Florida good faith claims handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Data-driven, analytical approach
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Technical savviness, and familiarity with estimating tools such as Xactimate
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office