Requisition Number: OPERA01264
What you will do:
As the Operations Manager at our St. Petersburg, FL location, you will provide leadership, supervision and monitoring of daily activities for a team of 13 production technicians and electrical design engineers who design, manufacture and test complex electrical control panels that control the movement of water to cities, municipalities and homes for our water and wastewater clients. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Ensure production schedules are met and products are shipped as scheduled.
- Support and facilitate workload sharing efforts across all company locations as SJE has manufacturing in 6 locations throughout the US.
- Ensure product design engineering and production quality meet customer specifications.
- Establish clear and measurable expectations for staff using Goals, KRA’s and Execution Plans centered on Safety, Utilization, Quality, Cost and Revenue.
- Examine, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements.
- P&L responsibility; accountable for creating and attaining yearly budget and operating plans to achieve financial objectives.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and oversee the operational activities, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the organization's current and future needs.
The Operations Manager reports to the VP of Operations; Engineered Division. This is a tremendous growth opportunity for a hands-on-leader in plant management.
The skills you need:
To succeed in this role, you must have experience coaching, mentoring, building a highly engaged team and driving accountability for achieving business results while maintaining a high level of customer service. In addition to technical and operational problem solving, the ideal candidate should also possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plan schematics.
- Industrial Control Panel design and assembly experience.
- Familiarity with UL508 requirements and NEC electric code.
- BS degree in Management, Business, Engineering, Economics or equivalent.
A little bit about us:
SJE has been a leader in the water and wastewater industry since 1975. Founded by an entrepreneur in Detroit Lakes, MN, we now have over 460 employees across 7 locations worldwide and have customers in every continent except Antarctica. We are known for our innovation, high-quality products, and exceptional customer service.
SJE offers competitive wages, health insurance, full benefits package, opportunity for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, 401(k) plans and up to 23 paid days off during the first year. Learn more and apply on-line at www.sjeinc.com. EOE/Drug Testing