The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for talented individuals to serve as Fan Hosts during our 2023 season. We are looking for enthusiastic and customer-oriented individuals to serve as ticket takers, ushers, and guest service personnel.
Qualified individuals will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Help the Rays stay “game-ready” by preparing your assigned section for patrons, wiping down seats, looking for potential hazards, reporting any issues to a supervisor, etc.
- Proactively greet guests at Tropicana Field gates and ticket lines.
- Scan game tickets ensuring that the proper ticket is being used to gain entry.
- Assist fans in locating their ticketed seats; give directions for around the ballpark.
- Operating an elevator transporting fans to their desired level at Tropicana Field.
- Being alert to potential hazards in the ballpark such as foul balls and reporting incidents.
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests.
- Implement ballpark rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Exceptional communication and service skills.
- Ability to work the entire event, including post-game activities.
- Must work a minimum of 35 games per season.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fans, coworkers, supervisors, and management team.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions including heat, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work all posts assigned with or without a field view. This includes gates, elevators & outdoor positions.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs, work in high elevations and enclosed spaces.
- Able to work in a high activity and heavily crowded professional sports venue.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime.
- All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.