Bolt SBA Loan Closing Specialist I
BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of the Bolt SBA Closing Specialist I is to perform a variety of loan closing tasks, ensuring all due diligence of each Bolt loan has been met in accordance with the SBA Authorization, and in compliance with the Bank’s internal loan approval and policies. This position will work directly with borrowers, brokers underwriters, and lenders to secure closing in a timely and accurate manner for SBA loans $150,000 or less.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Completes the pre-closing checklist ensuring all documentation required has been received and adheres to SBA SOP and Bank policies and procedures.
2. Works closing with each party internal and external to ensure a smooth closing process; responsible for timely communication with borrower/lender of missing items needed to complete loan closing.
3. Ensures the accuracy of the loan file, including all packaging documents, a satisfaction of credit conditions, and compliance with SBA lending requirements
4. Prepares, reviews, and distributes all loan closing documents. Ensures loan documents are accurate and comply with the SBA Authorization, Bank approval and loan policy
5. Orders any third-party reports as necessary.
6. Updates and manages any pipeline reports on a weekly basis to keep management informed of progress on loan closings; contributes to a weekly meeting to discuss status of loans and other closing updates.
7. Adheres to policy & procedure of SBA Department and must comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines.
8. Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of one year SBA experience preferred
- Customer Service Experience
- Knowledge of lending practices, compliance & documentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Data Integrity and knowledge of commercial lending documentation
- Accuracy, ability to meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure
- Comfortable adapting to change
- A passion for learning and growing
- Computer proficiency with experience using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong sense of urgency
- Provides support to customers internally and externally
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must portray excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes to procedures are common
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be detailed oriented and possess good management skills with emphasis on planning, organization, and scheduling
- Remains up to date on documentation regulatory requirements in order to ensure loan quality
- Promotes professionalism at all times
BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.