Job Class: Registered Nurse Senior
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/05/2019
Closing Date: 11/12/2019
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care and Treatment Services / Forensics Services
Work Shift: Night
Work Hours: 10:15pm-6:15am
Days of Work: Varies
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $29.91 - $44.30 /hourly; $62,452 - $92,498 /annualy
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The work area for this position will be at the Forensic Mental Health Program Nights
The Registered Nurse Senior will provide experienced, professional nursing care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses and diagnoses the needs of patients, develops individualized nursing plans to meet those needs in coordination with the multi-disciplinary team
- Provides nursing intervention and/or delegates specific nursing tasks to appropriate staff and evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing plan and the care provided
- Provides clinical oversight of nursing processes and defined administrative functions in conjunction with the Registered Nurse Supervisor and Registered Nurse Administrative Supervisor
- Provide leadership in establishing, facilitating and implementing the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives and practice standards within the Forensic Nursing Home.
- Current licensure in Minnesota as a Registered Nurse AND
- Bachelor's of Nursing Degree plus 2 years Registered Nurse experience OR
- Associate's Degree or Diploma in Nursing plus 3 years Registered Nurse experience
Certification in area of Expertise = 1 year of Registered Nurse experience
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply“ at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Andrea Tacheny at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Ryne Leytem at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Return to Previous Page