Manager position within the tax team having primary responsibility for federal, state and international tax accounting and income tax compliance. This role will manage quarterly and annual tax provision calculations and disclosures. In addition, this position will support tax planning initiatives including developing policies and procedures, process improvements and efficiencies, maintaining internal controls and providing support to our business unit partners in a variety of tax specialty areas. This position will also work with the corporate IT group on company-wide technology initiatives to optimize tax return preparation and data collection processes.
- Manage quarterly and annual tax accounting calculation process, including account reconciliations, in support of quarterly and annual earnings releases.
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnote disclosures.
- Manage processes around preparation and review of all federal, state and international income tax compliance filings, including cash taxes, quarterly estimated tax payment requirements and return to provision computations.
- Provide leadership, training and mentorship to tax team members, delegating work as appropriate.
- Collaborate with accounting, finance and business unit personnel on relevant tax matters.
- Oversee preparation of research and development credit computations and work with business units to ensure credit is maximized.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all tax processes necessary for Sec. 404 (SOX) and ensure that such compliance is timely evidenced with relevant supporting documentation.
- Identify tax savings opportunities and initiatives.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to maximize efficiency in tax compliance reporting and operations. Applicants should have an aptitude and passion for using technology to improve processes and enhance efficiencies.
- Work directly with the corporate IT department on company-wide technology solution initiatives which may impact the tax department.
- Interpret and apply tax department policies and procedures and remain current on changes to tax regulations to ensure proper application of applicable laws, rules and regulation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent education and experience. An MBA, MBT and/or JD is preferred.
- CPA designation required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in tax accounting and income tax compliance.
- Experience with preparation of income tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740.
- Managerial level experience with preparing federal, state and international income tax returns.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Orientation towards process and procedures.
- Ability to apply and interpret broad tax and related accounting principles and practices and to interpret department policies and procedures, applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Results-oriented, collaborative working style.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP; and other applications as required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.