Job Class: State Program Administrator
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/14/2019
Closing Date: 09/03/2019. Priority consideration will be given to applications submitted by August 23, 2019.
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Secretary of State/214-MAPE
Division/Unit: Secretary of State / Elections
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $19.46 - $28.15/hourly; $40,632 - $58,777/annually
Classified Status: Unclassified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214/MAPE
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
End Date: March 2023
Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
This is a limited position anticipated to last through March of 2023.
As a State Program Administrator you will act as the initial point of contact in the Elections Division in the administration of the Secretary of State's constitutional and statutory duties related to elections. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide direction and guidance to local election officials concerning election laws and procedures.
- Provide information to candidates, organizations and the general public on election laws and procedures.
- Prepare written materials and make oral presentations on election laws, statewide voter registration and election reporting procedures to local election official.
- Assist in coordination of candidate filing for state and federal offices within the elections division, other local election officials and other state agencies.
- Assist with filing and processing the Minnesota Session Laws, Administrative Rules, Oaths of Offices, Proclamations, Official Documents and Extraditions.
- Assist with Open Appointment process, including filing appointments and Notice of Appointments.
- Assist in recount scheduling, preparation and participation in recount teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of or experience with the Minnesota elections process regarding voting eligibility, voter registration, candidate filing and absentee balloting.
- Knowledge of the principles of intergovernmental relations, particularly in the context of election administration.
- Experience using software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with diverse clientele.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, state and federal election statutes, administrative rules, legal opinions and court decisions.
- Ability to reason and think clearly, rationally and logically, quickly and under pressure.
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with the Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience giving oral presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team, often in situations requiring immediate action.
- Effective human relations skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
It is the policy of the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply“ at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ninel Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/201-8005.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Return to Previous Page