As part of the Public Records Content Delivery (PRCD) team, our software engineers are responsible for developing test suites and ensuring the quality, reliability and availability of systems that provide data for Investigations & Public Records products. Working with our systems requires knowledge of Oracle databases (Warehouse and Data Mart concepts) as well as software development skills in, Java Junit, SQL, XML/XPath and RESTful Services. Responsibilities can also include a mixture of development, testing, analysis, and contributions to configuration management. Testers and developers work side by side to verify new services, test performance and environment configurations, provide error reporting and assist in troubleshooting for applications.
If you are looking for an organization that is on the forefront of technology, look no further. Thomson Reuters offers new college grads the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals in a collaborative, innovative learning environment. We are currently looking for individuals who are launching their careers in the following areas: software engineering, software testing, database engineering, business analyst, data analyst, mobile development and more.
- Implement enhancements and fixes to existing software test suites using Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and other scripting languages.
- Execute the testing for features that require analysis, planning, scheduling, working with various technologies, participating in requirements and design reviews, etc.
- Actively participate in the testing and development of features and process automation, manual as well as automated test execution, for assigned projects with little to no guidance.
- Assist fellow software developers and testers with the analysis and resolution of defects found.
- Partner with software development teams and other stakeholder organizations to ensure their needs are being met and that our services are adding value.
- Perform tasks that require specific expertise or domain knowledge.
- Create, review, and maintain technical documentation and the development of software testing artifacts, including test requirements, plans, cases, scripts, reports, etc.,
- Analyze the performance of database applications.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or similar area, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of an agile development team
- Strong problem analysis approach.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Req #: JREQ131092
Locations: Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development