NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support our industrial and campus utility plant clients nationally. This position can sit in St. Paul, MN, Verona, WI or Morrisville, NC.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and well versed in leading and contributing to engineering teams in project delivery through planning, engineering, design, commissioning, and energy consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
- Lead and contribute to engineering teams in the delivery of industrial mechanical systems, central plants and district energy systems; planning, design, commissioning, energy optimization and consulting on complex projects.
- Management of projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Business development and preparation of proposals.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Desire to grow market share in the campus utility market.
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
- Participate in training and mentoring of staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience leading design projects
- Minimum 7 years' experience in consulting engineering with design, construction, and startup experience in some or all of the following: central utility plants, district utility distribution systems, industrial facilities, electrical power generation plants.
- Experience with industrial steam boilers, steam turbine generators and combustion turbines
- Experience leading teams in analyzing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Substantial knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Revit software
- Experience with pipe hydraulic and pipe stress analysis software.
- Experience in Start- Up and Commissioning.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Required)
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.