Do you want to be part of a fun, growing company where you can make a difference? General Security Services Corporation might be the perfect company for you!
Since 1946 General Security Services Corporation (GSSC) DBA Midwest Patrol has been committed to keeping our community safe! Our company provides trained Security Officers/Professionals to enhance the security programs for our clients while leveraging the latest technologies in electronics.
We are accepting applications for Security Officers who have a positive, supportive, collaborative, and team player mindset. Prior Security, Military, Law enforcement, or Criminal Justice experience preferred, but we WILL train motivated candidates. Our company offers paid training to guarantee you will have the tools you need to be successful!
- Competitive compensation & PTO
- Progressive pay increases
- Promotional and advancement opportunities are available
- Medical, Dental, STD, Life, 401k
- Full and Part Time shifts available
- Paid training
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Sunday & Monday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job responsibilities.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in a vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Enforces required security regulations and procedures pursuant to Post Orders and or the Facility Security Plan pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Responds to client inquiries in an expeditious manner.
- Monitors CCTV and alarm systems and provides appropriate response where applicable
- Ensures all CCTV and alarm systems are functional where applicable.
- Reacts appropriately, promptly and in accordance with Post Orders in emergency situations.
- Generates clear and concise written reports of shift activities.
- Maintains safe driving practices and vehicle care procedures as required.
- Creates a positive working environment and strong teamwork.
- Ensures compliance with all GSSC policies and procedures, federal regulations, state statutes, and specifications per client contracts.
- Interacts professionally and engages with client personnel, vendors, contractors and members of the public.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee may not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- A US Citizen or Alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass State & Federal background checks and drug screen
- Ability to meet and maintain applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), administrative, customer service and organizational skills
- Must successfully complete GSSC Basic Training
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to project a professional and positive attitude while maintaining confidentiality
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of the job may include the following:
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to push, pull or drag and adult to safety from hazardous situations.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time, while frequently safely entering and exiting the motor vehicle.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Positive, supportive, collaborative, and team player mindset.
- Ensure compliance with GSSC policies and procedures.
- Ensure operational compliance with federal regulations and state statutes.
- Following GSSC core values.
We are an EOE/AA/DISABILITY/VETERANS/GENDER NEUTRAL employer. Historically underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.