Job Description Job #: 1020560
Project Manager- Investment Accounting Program
Department: Enterprise Technology Portfolio Management
Do you enjoy leading large technology programs? Does the idea of being involved in the execution of a top priority strategic initiative excite you? Client's Enterprise Technology department is looking for an experienced senior program manager to lead a strategic application rationalization program and other future strategic technology initiatives. In this role, you would have a critical role on a dynamic team of cross-functional members from Enterprise Technology and the Business to achieve the application rationalization goals and objectives as part of a strategic key plan to simplify and modernize the technology environment.
The primary purpose of the project manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of all projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business outcomes.
- Leading programs, projects and resource management
- Stakeholder and sponsor communications
- Reporting and metrics
- Risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Program financial management
What you would do in this job:
- Independently lead complex, strategic, top-priority technology projects, programs, recommendations and implementations.
- Partner with technology and business area senior executives to understand and prioritize business goals and needs to drive results.
- Develop the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Communicate across strategies, programs and projects with key stakeholders and leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a shared vision for the program outcome.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develop and control the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensure and balance the availability of the required skills, competencies and resources across project teams within the program, including the use of contractors and professional service providers.
- Act as an advisor, and build and maintain relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Lead the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the program plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitor and coordinate dependencies across the projects in the program, and resolves conflicts.
- Assess benefits and impact of programs; develop and implement business cases, benefits realization plans, and stakeholder management plans.
- Lead, or consult on, the development and execution of change management efforts where adoption of the change is crucial for meeting business objectives.
- Establish and ensure appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible owner.
What we'd expect from you:
- Five to seven years of experience managing large, complex programs for strategic technology initiatives with excellent management, organizational, program definition, planning, prioritization, and resource management skills.
- 10 or more years of experience in IT business/industry and strong business acumen.
- Deep understanding of technology modernization, simplification, and/or application rationalization.
- Exceptional leadership and consulting skills with the ability to develop and communicate the program approach and objectives and maintain alignment with the business strategy with experience in managing “upward“ among senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating diverse teams with ability to drive effort, engagement, interpersonal dynamics and results through matrix management.
- A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve program success and overcome obstacles.
- Strong consulting skills, including: facilitation of large meetings / complex issues, change management and development of sound recommendations based on effective research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively interact or present to with various levels of management/associates, technology and internal and external partners/vendors, including the ability to explain and “sell“ the program goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop and deliver programs with financial and resource constraints.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Experience with at least one project/program management methodology (e.g., PMI, agile)
- Knowledge of project planning tools (e.g., Microsoft Project) with evidence of practical application.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.