Customer service and patient order management.
- Greets patients, performs check-in process, and is responsive to questions and patient needs.
- Evaluates patient orders for completeness and follows up as needed.
- Effectively and accurately manages patient orders to ensure adherence to regulatory and billing requirements.
- Performs scheduling, ordering and releasing as appropriate in Electronic Medical Record, following policies and procedures.
Accurate and timely collection and processing of specimens.
- Reviews orders and verifies patient identification.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and react effectively to unique patient needs.
- Instructs patients accurately on procedures and protocols.
- Identifies and uses appropriate collection method to obtain samples for testing (venipuncture or capillary puncture).
- Collects samples and labels specimens correctly, in accordance with appropriate procedures and protocols.
- Evaluates acceptability of specimens
- Performs processing of specimens with strict adherence to the quality control and quality assurance policies of AHL.
Routine and complex laboratory procedures within established guidelines.
- Prioritizes work assignments/tasks.
- Performs waived, moderate and highly complex analytical tests according to policies and procedures.
- Evaluates results for accuracy within set guidelines and resolves test problems.
- Recognizes, communicates, and documents results that require action according policies/procedures.
- Follows all federal regulations including CAP, OSHA, COLA, CLIA, and HIPAA.
- Performs and documents required & advanced instrument maintenance, and quality control; takes appropriate remedial action. Ensures appropriate record retention.
- Stocks, rotates and requests supplies (as assigned) on a regular basis to ensure proper availability in the work area.
Perform other duties as assigned
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Trains others in work area(s).
- Serves as student preceptor.
- Participates in AHL and/or hospital projects and committees.
- Performs various clerical duties
- Attends and participates in department and other meetings, as assigned
Maintain required safety, education, and competency requirements
- Performs proficiency testing as assigned, per AHL policy and procedure.
- Completes required annual CEU for job position per AHL policy.
- Completes training and competency requirements in a timely manner.
- Follows and demonstrates understanding of policies & procedures in daily work.
- 2 year Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, completion of clinical internship, certification eligible (to be obtained within 6 months of employment if new grad).
- OR Completion of comprehensive military laboratory science program, certification as CLT/MLT/AMT
- OR 4 year degree in related science
• 2 years clinical lab experience in appropriate analytic area
• certification as CLT/MLT.
- MLT certification required by a recognized agency such as ASCP or NCA in specialty area incumbent will be working.