We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, float LPN to support our HealthPartners St Paul Specialty Center 401 Clinic. This position will work in a Dermatology care setting. At HealthPartners, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together in the spirit of partnership, we will improve health and wellbeing, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current LPN licensure in Minnesota
- Current CPR certification required within 6 months of hire and maintain.
- One-year full-time employment as a LPN preferred.
- Demonstration of written and oral communication skills required.
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must possess speech, hearing and sight skills to perform the functions of the position. Manual dexterity required. Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently. Proficiency in other languages may be required. Some positions may have lifting requirements.
- Perform functions that support / provide patient care.
- Patients are roomed according to rooming and/or ICSI guidelines.
- Vital signs and other pertinent physical measurements are obtained and recorded accurately.
- Medication and clinical procedures are administered (according to authorized policy and demonstrating proficiency) and documented according to GHI policy. This may include DISCUS or AIMS assessment.
- Charts are reviewed for the presence of pertinent information relevant to today's encounter. This may include Prepared Practice work as developed by the team.
- Needed and requested health educational materials are provided to the patient and documented.
- Patients and their records are handled in a private and confidential manner per GHI policies.
- Seek medical and/or nursing assistance when encountering an acutely ill patient or a patient with a changing condition.
- Exam rooms and treatment rooms are prepared for examination of the patient and set up for procedures.
- Charts are prepared and station records maintained which may include the following:
- MSRs are checked for completion and routed appropriately.
- Lab, x-ray and miscellaneous forms are prepared when requested.
- Drug refills are processed according to clinic protocols.
- Station logs, (i.e., pap, pathology, etc.) are monitored as assigned.
- Prepare charts for patient appointments as indicated by the type of clinic visit and the reason for the appointment according to established practices and procedures.
- Facilitate timely and accurate flow of communication within the clinic/location.
- Cleaning & sterilizing procedures support infection control and OSHA standards.
- Clinic supplies are adequately stocked and well organized.
- All equipment is properly maintained and adequate records are kept.
- Maintain current or compliant status as determined by the appropriate accrediting body.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #53111.