HVAC System Applications Engineer
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it's our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Are you a person that is looking for opportunities of innovation in your career? Gaining an opportunity to learn and innovate within your career? Someone who is open to push the envelope and innovate? A Systems Applications Engineer role is critical to Trane Sales and Fulfillment organization success delivering HVAC controls and system integration solutions. This position will lead the development of building automation system applied, sourced, and integrated solutions. Typical applied systems require the selection, configuration, and programming of Trane and 3rd party controls products to deliver repeatable, reliable system solutions. Delivery of applied solutions requires documentation (technical and end-user), training, webinars, office presentations, and other methods of technical outreach. This position will also support Controls Product Management teams by enabling new product feature development in the Tracer Controls portfolio.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of system applications, interfaces, and integration to 3rd party system.
- Develop HVAC system solutions – including unit and system controller applications, customization, optimization, and supporting documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Management and System Engineering on system initiatives. Key responsibilities include representing market, industry, business and customer needs
- Provide guidance and support to the product development process, testing, and commercialization.
- Engage with key industry associations (ASHRAE, BACnet, LonMark) to represent Trane and our customers' needs in the development of industry standards and guidelines.
- Conduct voice of customer activities to identify business, customer, and user needs based on stakeholder interviews, focus groups, “day-in –the-life“ studies, and advisory panels. Represent the needs of end customers, controls and service business in all activities.
- Author system requirements documents to capture user and business needs in the form of use cases, functionality expectations, performance requirements, test plans, and system interactions (end-to-end).
- Ensure system requirements are fulfilled through traceability and testing to system designs.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to evaluate concept feasibility and resolve technical issues.
- Direct support of critical customer projects, including job site work.
- Provide commercialization support, specializing in field office operations.
- Author and/or review Engineering Bulletins, Application guides, Best Practices, Project Specifications, etc.
- Present and instruct technical topics to internal and external audiences.
- Participate in field events (seminars, shows, etc) and customer visits.
- BS degree; BS Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- 5+ years significant experience in building systems operation, design and/or support required
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of HVAC, Controls, Buildings, and Industry Standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present technical information (oral and written) to technical and non-technical users including telephone and collaboration software.
- Ability to work regularly, dependably, independently, and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Computer systems and applications knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.