Dialysis RN (Registered Nurse)
Maxim Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nursewho is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNsin this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess,troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursingbefore, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOTrequired.
What you can expect:
• 1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysisto in-patients with chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acutekidney injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1 or1:1.
• Patient education. Whether this is thefirst or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educatingour patients and families.
• Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care topatients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acuteconditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage abroad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
• Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may delivernephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renalreplacement and apheresis.
• Expect the unexpected. When you walk in thedoor each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition,when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
• Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliverdialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and becomean integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting youwork on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, andmake sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services groupperforms 1.1M treatments annually.
• Schedule. No two days are ever the same for anacute dialysis nurse - long days and on call are required. Schedules vary byhospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance,but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be incommutable distance based on on-call requirements.
Some details about this position:
• You must be flexible on the final home clinicplacement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential tofloat to various clinics during and after your training
• You must have a flexible schedule and be ableto work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule withmandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you areproviding.
• Work long days without notice
• Ability to travel to multiple hospitals withina given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for thisposition.)
• Experience assessing, trouble shooting andmaking sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Physical Requirement: nurses often have topush/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or noassistance
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MSWord and Outlook
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Awards and recognition programs