Our St. Paul, MN office is looking for a Construction Observer to assist with ongoing construction projects. The Construction Observer will work with a team to provide construction oversight on various projects throughout the Twin Cities area.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing daily oversight of the construction to determine compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Coordinating the Kimley-Horn construction support team; Coordinating in the field with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers and regulatory agencies
- Recording pay quantities
- Preparing daily reports
- Reviewing the Contractor's schedule
- Labor compliance; Coordinating 3rd-party special material testing inspections
- Reviewing and providing input on potential change order issues
- Maintaining project records
- Managing project photographic records
- Attending Pre-Construction and regular onsite construction meetings
- Monitoring project close-out procedures and issue punch lists as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Previous construction experience
- Valid Drivers License
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.