Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves so we depend on creative, responsible, hard-working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
Weigh and monitor all hand add ingredients to all formulas according to the production schedule monitoring all FIFO, and Food safety guidelines. Follow and execute all sanitation of this area to uphold all GMP's, SSOP's, and SOPs.
- Perform housekeeping, cleaning and sanitation work.
- Conduct all quality checks according to plan.
- Accurately scan all bagged ingredients needed for schedule or production plan.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate food quality and safety standards at all times.
- Ensure GMP's and SSOP's are maintained during the batching process.
- Take Pallets away and keep warehouse organized, stack pallets securely.
- Maintain correct count or number of pallets and of bagged ingredients.
- Coordinate inventory control and maintain sanitation as necessary.
- Keeping area and equipment clean
- Maintain equipment
- Communicate production information to the next shift.
- Able to maintain forklift certification.
- Follow plant and company safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read/write English
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work on platforms or elevated areas
- Able to work overtime
- Prior experience in production related work
- Forklift certified
- Basic computer skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to operate machinery or heavy equipment