Job ID: 4083
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Welds and repairs heavy railway components in a heavy construction environment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts prior to assembly.
- Cuts materials to fit job specifications.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Detects defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- Operates equipment per safety policies, rules and regulations.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspects equipment, diagnoses problems and notifies supervisor of the need to the repair equipment.
- Keeps records and prepares reports of maintenance work
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of construction experience in rail road construction, heavy industrial or similar environment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- 100% Travel throughout the US
- Ability to understand and follow safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of welding material and welding properties of various types of metals, preferred but not required.
- Experience with MIG and stick welding, preferred but not required.
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently works in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
- Uses hands to operate equipment and tools.
- Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise, dust and fumes.
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis