Gateway Foundation Corrections is dedicated to rebuilding the lives of incarcerated individuals struggling with substance use disorders. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development, and on-site supervised hours for certification and licensure.
This position provides clinical services to Opioid Use Disorder clients in a medication first model of treatment.
Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
- Completing comprehensive assessments of clients' substance abuse history and treatment requirements, and developing individualized treatment plans
- Providing individual and group counseling and may facilitate didactic groups
- Documenting treatment and discharge plans, clients' progress and responses to treatment, and maintaining related records and charts
- Performing case management and contributing to client care monitoring
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a related field a plus.
- 6 months previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling in a corrections environment highly preferred.
- Certification as a Missouri Alcohol Drug Counselor (MAADC) required. Ability to obtain higher MSAPCB certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Missouri Department of Corrections clearance.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance - Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) - Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
© 2009 Gateway Foundation Home Helpful Resources Contact Us Careers Sitemap Community Based Services Gateway Foundation, 55 East Jackson Blvd., Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60604 Phone: 1-800-777-1833, Option 6 Fax: 312-663-0504 Email Gateway