HealthPro Heritage has a PRN Social Worker opening in St. Louis, MO. Home health setting, all adults. At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
HealthPRO is currently searching for a School Social Worker, a role which will provide social histories; provide social casework to patients and families having difficulty in social functioning; aid in the referral process; and generally serves as a social worker to the contracted agency for that specific patient in order to supplement overall patient care.
- Provides socials casework, when appropriate, to individuals and families receiving nursing, therapy, or other services from the contracted agency.
- Prepares social histories according to specific guidelines to augment existing service, or as a guide in determining or changing level of service, taking into consideration:
- Family relationships
- The meaning of illness to the patient and family
- The cultural attitudes in relation to illness
- The meaning of home to the patient
- The ability of the patient and his or her family to adjust to the patient at home
- The financial impact of illness upon the family.
- Assesses, when appropriate, a family's financial situation, taking into consideration the patient's prognosis and medical needs, and referring the family to an agency for financial assistance if necessary, interpreting the medical situation to the referring agency and generally facilitating the process of referral
- Refers patients and families to community agencies with appropriate follow-up
- Graduate of an accredited Social Work program. Current licensure and eligibility as a Medical Social Worker. Current BLS Certification.
- Minimum one year prior experience in a medical setting where the team approach to treatment was utilized. Minimum one year prior home health experience preferred.
Performance Factors Used to Evaluate Employee:
- Evaluates and establishes goals based on the patient's current level of functioning and potential for improvement.
- Participates in the development of a treatment and care plan.
- Observes the patient, and records and reports information on the patient's conditioning in the patient's record. Documents each visit made in timely fashion and provides that documentation to the contracted agency and to Eclipse.
- When applicable will fill out status update for staffing meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by EHC management staff.
- As patient care and/or EHC need dictates, both the assigned shift and work location may be changed at the discretion of EHC.
- Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Instruct other health team personnel as needed
- Completes all documentation in a correct and timely manner as it relates to patient care.
- Adheres to policies, annual licensure verification and submission of documentation regarding in-services and continuing education if needed.
Recruiter : Email Address