Company Job Title:
St. Louis, MO or Springfield, VA
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The SharePoint Engineer will oversee the SharePoint Server Central Administrator functions of SharePoint 2010/2013 across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 Servers, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Install and configure SharePoint software and related components at the server level, including SQL Server, web server and application server
- Manage the functionality of features such as Search, view the Audit Log Reports, work with site collection policies, manage the site collection caching, and activate or deactivate
- Site Collection features Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (upgraded versions, patching, and integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Perform typical system administrative activities such backup, restore and issue resolution
- Provide guidance and recommendations for enterprise deployments of SharePoint
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for SharePoint 2010/2013 solutions
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree with 8 years of relevant experience OR Associate's Degree with 10 years of relevant experience OR high school diploma/GED Degree with 12 years of relevant experience
- Experience with:
- 3rd party tools
- Metalogix Suite
- Data Protection Manager (DPM)
- Nintex 2013 Forms and Workflows
- SharePoint Designer 2010 and 2013
- Working in a home office setting
- Working as a SharePoint farm administrator supporting enterprise-wide SharePoint deployments
- SQL Server, Active Directory, PowerShell, and IIS Experience migrating SharePoint 2010 sites to SharePoint 2013
- Managing Windows Server 2012 R2 Database administration
- SQL Server 2012 R2 and 2014 Strong knowledge of the overall topology of SharePoint (i.e., all the components and how they work together)
- Remedy to monitor Incidents and Change Request opened by end users
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand, develop, and run PowerShell commands
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to train end-users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.