The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
This position develops a rolling 24-month unit and revenue demand forecast for assigned customers incorporating account business intelligence, plan-o-gram reset strategies, new items, new item cannibalization, promotion plans, historical and current POS and shipment trends. The process of forecast development is collaborative, requiring strong leadership and partnership.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and gain buy-in from sales team business partners an item level unit forecast and monthly consensus revenue forecast to include:
- New product forecasts, monitoring sell through and customer inventory levels of new items for assigned forecast customers
- Promotional forecasts based on customer's purchasing strategy and ad plans
- Facilitate monthly forecast collaboration meetings with sales team business partners. Prepare analysis to support position and recommendations in clear concise formats to facilitate agreement.
- Monitor and work to eliminate the gap between bottom up demand forecast and top down management dollar forecast.
- Demand Sensing: Monitor shipment and POS demand data to determine patterns, trends, variability to include but not limited to deviations in demand due to weather, competitive situations and customer's inventory strategies.
- Analyze and report forecast results (consumption, accuracy and root cause for error). Make forecast adjustments and take corrective action in forecast process to minimize error.
- Utilizes knowledge of statistical forecasting techniques including time-series, linear regression and executes forecasting processes that includes model calibration.
- Work system generated alerts which identify trends and forecast bias.
- Work with Finance business partners to drive accurate price data for forecast by item, by time period.
- Write sales orders for a small number of forecast customers where Vendor Managed Inventory practices are in place.
- Maintain customer item attributes to include listing status, promotional status, store count, customer item numbers, forecast price.
- Create the Annual Operating Plan Forecast for assigned Forecast Customers.
- Prepare bridge analysis as needed
- Work as stakeholder on system development projects to include design and testing with supply chain and IT business partners
- Maintain statistical profiles for all accounts utilizing a narrowed down selection of best fit models.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree required in business or related field plus minimum of 2 years' experience in the field of forecasting consumer packaged goods
- Previous experience using statistical forecast methods
- Proven results from strong analytical work
- Effectively communicate and manage across functions at various levels
- Strong leadership skills – ability to build relationships with and influence peers to achieve desired business outcome
- Understanding of sales budgeting process, working knowledge of financial analysis
- A strong analytical and quantitative mindset to handle and interpret large amounts of data.
- Experience with statistical forecast modeling
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.