The Senior CAE is assigned a set of complex / sophisticated clients carrying a heightened strategic project management role. They serve clients as the primary contact for all clinical, formulary related initiatives, financial /rebate and clinical modeling, trend evaluation, clinical business plan development consultation-presentation, implementation and oversight, results evaluation, and follow-up related to the comprehensive management of clinical programs and services issues and initiatives regarding programs and up-sell.
- Leads the up-sell and implementation of clinical program solutions and formulary related programs to clients thru consultative methods and processes (e.g. Client P and T presentations, quarterly/ annual reviews, modeling/ report reviews, etc) in accordance with client business plans and upon collaboration and coordination with account management team members regarding operational details.
- Continually reviews to detect medication utilization issues related to formulary and drug plan design. Provides analysis via data warehouse query or available report evaluation. Communicates to client's data based explanations for trends and explores opportunities for improvement as necessary.
- Development, preparation, and presentation of clinical business strategy (formulary, utilization and/or health management strategy) for each client assigned. Acts in concert with assigned Account Executives and Account Management to service all needs of the client.
- Shares best practice standards with broader CAE peer audience as well as clients and demonstrates understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information. Offer mentoring and training of others, interviewing prospective CAE candidates. Leading, developing and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Provides clinical oversight and project management to business division, develops tools and training for carrying out work plan goals, and represents the business division as a point of contact for various corporate clinical initiatives including product development task forces, prospective client sales meetings, client advisory board panels, etc.
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License
- Minimum of 5 years Pharmacist Licensure required
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive management style, and strong commitment to the team and client service are a must.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Must have ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools for client management.
- Demonstrated mastery of these tools and of the CAE skill set including expertise on ESI product portfolio and clinical expertise, solid presentation and communication skills, minimal assistance or direction from leader when interfacing with client and addressing concerns.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you're the face of Express Scripts for our clients. Your team is responsible for relationship building, winning new business and retaining clients. You'll educate clients on how our benefit offerings can help them achieve their business goals and make recommendations on products and services to best serve their members.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.