Sales Key Account Manager, Food Colors East or Midwest Region
Sales Account Manager: Either Chicago or New Jersey area
The Sensient Colors Account Manager is a professional salesperson with the objectives to maximize sales volume and gross margin for all product lines. This includes achieving the territory sales plan while accomplishing good will and enhancing the Sensient brand with all customers and potential customers. This role can either focus on our east coast territory mainly in New Jersey area or the accounts can be re-organized to adapt to a candidate’s area of residence in Chicago, IL. Two options of territories: Midwest or East Coast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular meetings with customers to understand their needs and link with products.
- Encourage linkages with others in the organization and develop multiple touch points.
- Work closely with technical team.
- Develop and execute a territorial coverage plan (in writing) that provides for an efficient and productive coverage of all accounts and prospects.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all accounts (with account profiles on designated key accounts) as well as working with, influencing and establishing a business relationship with all recommenders and decision-makers.
- Operate the territory within the targeted expense budget following the Company policy regarding expense and care of company equipment.
- Forecast annual territory sales for each product or product group.
- Participate in the sales pipeline process.
- Provide management written activity report indicating call results and other territorial activities such as:
- Competitive situations including pricing.
- Special presentations.
- Market development and trends.
- Success stories.
- Technical services needed.
- Customer complaints.
- New ideas to build sales volume and new business opportunities.
- Account Manager’s follow-up needed in other territories to secure business.
- File weekly expense accounts and call reports.
- On a regular and frequent basis, solicit from clients new product project requests and submit to the Technical Service Lab for development.
- Submit requests for need samples for clients. Ensure that adequate information is on the request so that product management can make a business decision when lab time is needed to fulfill a client’s needs.
- On a regular basis, communicate with management, product managers and technical personnel to ensure the kind of support needed to secure new business in the marketplace.
- Follow-up on samples submitted and technical assistance provided and communicate with product managers immediately when additional support is needed.
- Maintain and utilize the following:
- Sales aids and promotion material.
- Account files.
- Excel pivot tables.
- Mailing list of customers and prospects
- Quarterly call plan.
- Weekly project pipeline calls.
- Provide adequate information to the sales and marketing staff so that there is proper utilization of internal resources to support actions necessary to secure business in the marketplace.
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of sales experience and/or demonstrated sales competencies.
- Technical Experience helpful, but not required.
- Set and negotiate product terms.
- Project management skills.
- Negotiate sales terms with considerable discretion at high levels of customer organizations.
- Ability to understand the business, financials, products, the market and needs of assigned accounts.
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer and competitors’ offerings.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of creditability and confidence must be maintained.
- Ability to analyze and interpret a considerable amount of data, usually of a technical or scientific nature. Included would be a multitude of business statistics/ratios used to monitor business progress.
- Execution/Results Driven
- Develops Self & Others
- Customer Focus
- Know Your Business
- Organizational Savvy
- Planning and Priority Setting
- Learning Agility
- Composure and Resiliency
- Entrepreneurial (Creativity/Leading Change/Innovation)
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Works out of home based office.
- Requires travel within territory approximately 4 days per week with frequent overnight travel. Considerable time spent at various customer site locations throughout territory.
ABOUT SENSIENT COLORS:
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/