The Managing Director of Pharmacy Compliance is a key strategic leadership position and is responsible for leading the transformation of Pharmacy Compliance across all of ESI. The Managing Director provides leadership, strategic direction and operational oversight for all functions required to provide effective pharmaceutical service delivery, including use of technology, and pharmacy-at risk contract management issues. This position is responsible for developing relationships with internal and external customers to ensure compliance with practices and policies related to medication management.
- Coordinate development/implementation of retail pharmacy compliance program across ESI system.
- Develop education programs for employees, as appropriate, and facilitate communication to maintain awareness of the pharmacy compliance programs.
- Regularly conducts and oversees compliance audits and risk assessments and refine program to address significant risks.
- Develop and implement plans for corporate regulatory policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on regulatory issues which affect the company.
- Pharm D required; Masters of Pharmacy preferred.
- Ten plus years of experience in pharmaceutical management is required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge of pharmacy compliance, pharmacy services operations, cost benefit analyses, and demonstrated knowledge and ability to facilitate teams toward achievement of system goals and best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all applicable state, federal, state licensing, and other local regulations as they relate to Pharmacy Compliance and broad knowledge of the healthcare industry, including current and emerging trends and new technologies.
- Proactive and action-oriented; strong work ethic, achievement-oriented; solid people leadership skills.
- Highly effective and active communicator who works well with people at all levels.
- Strong PBM business acumen that thinks strategically and implements tactically.
- Compliance, audit, and management experience, including healthcare and government programs compliance.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharma & Retail Relations team plays a key role in keeping us at the forefront of the health care evolution. Team members oversee partnerships with Express Scripts' key supplier groups, including brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, retail pharmacies and drug wholesalers. Successfully maintaining these relationships allows our 100 million patients access to the medicine they need at a price they can afford.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.