Maintenance Technician – Glass Recycling Company
Strategic Materials is an environmental steward and largest glass recycler in North America, helping to conserve earth's natural resources. Strategic Materials origins started in 1896, recycling glass into a variety of products.
Would you like to grow your skills in a challenging and rewarding career with the largest glass recycling company in North America? We have an exciting job opportunity for you!
- Assist with the plant preventive maintenance for mechanical and electrical equipment
- Front End Loader Experience
- Loading and unloading vehicles and other activities as requested.
- Function as shift mechanic to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Clean and change pneumatic valves on optical sorting machines
- Change belts and idler pulleys on trough-style conveyors
- Weld and fabricate, patch holes in steel chutes and transitions
Skills and Experience:
- Front End Loading Experience
- Advanced mechanical maintenance skills
- Strong welding and fabrication skills
- Basic computer skills
- PLC experience, a plus
- Experience with mechanical conveyors
- Rigging of motors, conveyor pulleys, and other heavy components
- Problem solving
- Lean Manufacturing experience, a plus
- Glass processing knowledge, a plus
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 70 pounds most of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals) occasionally.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally.
Direct & Permanent Job, Weekly Pay, Overtime Opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, & 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, opportunity for growth.
Join our Team
Strategic Materials, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Strategic Materials, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to join our recycling team? Apply Now!