Under supervision, the Introduction Agent is responsible for direct sales of the Company's Term product, the Introductions Package.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sells Introduction Packages to non-buying guests (tours) in a professional and ethical manner, through a structured sales presentation which includes checking each tour out of their presentation on all applicable tours that did not purchase the vacation ownership program during their scheduled tour.
- Presents appropriate pricing and options in accordance with specified guidelines and as directed by management.
- Follows all approved sales closing procedures and completes all appropriate new Introduction Program documentation as required.
- Accountable for meeting acceptable closing percentage goals and value per guest (VPG) requirements set for the department.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum one (1) year of experience in the vacation ownership field required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Real Estate License, as required by state law.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to conduct oneself on a professional and unbiased manner at all times.
- Able to clearly explain the product and sales contract.
- Operate general office machinery (i.e. computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation with internal and external customers.
- Ability to speak competently and confidently in a public setting.
- Basic math skills.