The Implementation Manager is responsible for leading the implementation phase for new client set-up and existing client upsells. This includes planning and coordinating both client and cross-functional operational teams to support all aspects of setup and design. This position will serve as the main point of contact and is responsible for the overall strategic design of a project. The Implementation manager will mitigate client/member risks and internal risks through comprehensive understanding of all downstream impacts of project components and partner with sales and marketing teams to facilitate operational procedures and implementation processes for new products.
- Lead project plan development and facilitate implementation phase for new client implementations and upsell opportunities for existing clients.
- Act as consultative client liaison between all ESI functional areas and client contacts (including client, TPA, broker and /or consultant parties).
- Define project scope, develop project plan, determine necessary resources and establish project timeline.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to both internal operational functions and client to mitigate project risks to all parties.
- Able to clearly understand and communicate client intent decreasing disruption impact to beneficiaries.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Represent Implementation team throughout sales process including written and oral communications.
- Serve as implementation expert at finalist opportunities.
- Able to understand RFP language and demonstrate to client how their objectives will be met through the implementation phase.
- Able to present to executive level clientele and influence decision-making process.
- Ensure quality and service standards are met; including client contractual deliverables related to the implementation process.
- Meet regularly with client to determine service requirements and expectations for overall satisfaction.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create recommendations based on lessons learned.
- Identify both successful and unsuccessful project elements and establish best practices for project execution.
- Present to Implementation team and operational leadership at annual team meeting.
- Work with sales and marketing to establish implementation process and operational procedures for new products.
- Identify opportunities to standardize, document and define procedures.
- Identify process inefficiencies and provide innovative solutions to solve for gaps.
- Minimum of two process improvements required per year.
- Provide executive-level updates and presentations to internal staff.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 11 to 14 years of experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office experience and ability to adapt to ESI proprietary systems.
- Project management experience and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence key decision-makers.
- Ability to lead multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams cross functionally to resolve complex issues with designated time frames.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and travel requirements.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.