Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers' expectations.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administration (DBA, Oracle) on the Payment Services team you will play a significant role in the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases and data dictionaries in compliance with application specifications. You will be responsible for monitoring daily database activities and overall performance, growth and tuning configurations as well as the security of the database. You will provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. You will create Unix Shell scripts and PL/SQL scripts to support automation, along with developing and maintaining the database configuration documentation, along with actively participating in ensuring database security by controlling and monitoring user access. You will research, review and develop database designs for new projects. In this role, you will also evaluate new database software versions and presents findings and assists with the development and execution of capacity plans. You will be responsible for monitoring and meeting established capacity plan standards and monitoring performance and growth and prepares entities, attributes, and relationships for required transaction and data volumes.
As an Engineer 2, DBA, you will perform root cause analysis of infrastructure problems; identify solutions and make recommendations; take appropriate remedial steps towards resolution. You will perform the allocation of disk storage spaces, develop and execute database backup and recovery strategies, and develop, implement and maintain disaster recovery plans. You will develop task automation and process improvements and maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of hands on Oracle Application DBA experience in versions 11g and 12g
- Strong Oracle DBA knowledge including upgrades, backup/recovery, patching strategies/capabilities and day to day support of application development personnel
- Strong understanding of Oracle performance tuning
- Strong understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans
- Experience with multiple facets of Data Guard including logical, physical, Active DG and the transient logical upgrade process
- Experience working with Oracle on AIX UNIX
- Scripting ability and experience in Unix Shell or PL/SQL
- Proven knowledge and experience in designing database schemas to align with development and business goals and objectives
- Strong and proactive leadership ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Must be able to work on-call as needed
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Basic DBA understanding of Golden Gate is preferred