Do you enjoy supporting others with increasing their skills to reach their goals? Are you needing a flexible schedule? The Employment Support Services program is looking for an independent problem solver to provide on-site support for employed consumers.
JOB TITLE: Employment Advisor
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Part time, Variable hours; Non-Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: Provide on-site support for employed consumers to ensure job learning and retention.
- Analyze job requirements and environmental conditions of the consumer's workplace to develop a plan for successful integration, including instruction in work skills.
- Provide consumers with orientation and instruction at their work site.
- Assist consumers with learning and retaining skills and strategies needed to complete required job tasks.
- Train consumers in appropriate work behaviors and social skills.
- Develop and implement positive behavioral supports.
- Assist with monitoring consumer progress at the work site on a monthly basis to ensure job retention, once on-site support has faded.
- Provide mediation between the consumer and his/her employer and co-workers.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Work experience with head injury population or social service background preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong organization skills, and the ability to be very flexible. Good writing and basic computer skills preferred. Must be certified in CPR, first aid and MANDT (these trainings will be provided upon hire along with required agency trainings).
MISCELLANEOUS: This position is community based, so a reliable vehicle and valid auto insurance is required. Must have the availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
For full job description, click on link below.
The Center for Head Injury Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 314-983-9230.