Do you enjoy helping others and want to make a difference in your community?
The Training and Transition department at the Center for Specialized Services is looking for an independent problem solver to provide on-site support services and advocacy for individuals with disabilities. Our team works one on one with clients to assist each and every client to live to their potential and reach their vocational goals.
JOB TITLE: Employment Advisor
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: Provide support, training, and case management services to individuals with disabilities who are employed or in vocational training.
- Work with clients, their support networks, funding sources, and business partners as needed to assure the development of individual vocational plans.
- Assess job requirements and environmental conditions of the client's workplace to develop a plan for successful integration, including instruction in work skills.
- Provide clients with orientation and instruction at their work site.
- Assist clients with learning and retaining skills and strategies needed to complete required job tasks, including appropriate work behaviors and social skills.
- Develop and implement positive behavioral supports.
- Assist with monitoring program services and progress toward individual vocational goals.
- Facilitate communication with client and his/her employer and co-workers.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Work experience with individuals with disabilities or social service background preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong organization skills, and the ability to be very flexible. Good writing and basic computer skills preferred. Must be certified in CPR and first aid. (These will be provided upon hire along with required agency training).
MISCELLANEOUS: This position is community based, so a reliable vehicle and valid auto insurance is required.
The Center for Head Injury Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 314-983-9230.