Responsible for the management and direction for pharmacy fulfillment operations. Plan, coordinate and direct dispensing, verification, and shipping of prescriptions within corporate and regulatory guidelines. Oversee maintenance of prescription records. Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client specific contractual requirements. Maintain pharmacy security. Responsible for annual strategic planning for pharmacy operations. Set and manage budget to meet corporate cost-per-fill goals. Periodically report production and cost management. Hold the pharmacy licensure where it is located and states requiring PIC to be licensed in order to achieve non-Resident Pharmacy permits.
Shared responsibility for the management and direction of pharmacy operations. Oversee recruitment, performance reviews, and development of pharmacy staff.
- Handle escalated employee issues. Responsible for establishment and communication of annual strategic work plan goals for pharmacy operations.
- Sets and manages budget to meet corporate cost-per-fill goals. Periodically reports to production levels and cost to management.
- Shared planning, coordination and direction of dispensing, verification, and shipping of prescriptions within the corporate and regulatory guidelines. Responsible for any and all procedures within the pharmacy.
- Oversee maintenance of prescription records. Ensure quality and service standards are maintained along with client-specific contractual requirements. Oversees implementation of new clients. Foster ongoing client relationships by troubleshooting escalated issues.
- Keep updated on industry trends and regulations and ensure compliance. May hold license for the pharmacy. May represent the pharmacy to the State Board for procedural, regulatory changes or disciplinary actions as needed. Maintain pharmacy security.
- Represent pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepare to implement and communicate new corporate initiatives and processes within the pharmacy.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, RPh, or PharmD, Current pharmacy licensure in good standing
- Years of Experience: 7-10 years of experience in dispensing pharmacy, 2-3 years in health care or PBM industry preferred; Previous supervisory experience, preferably in pharmacy operations setting.
- Licensures/Certifications: Cross-licensed per state regulations
- Computer or Other Skills: PC skills including Microsoft office, email and internet
- Extensive knowledge of current pharmacy regulation. Demonstrated ability to manage toward budget and work plan goals.
- Experience in representing or interacting with State Board or regulatory agencies very helpful.
- Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting very helpful. Must have proven leadership skills, team orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations and negotiations. Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.