Are you an experienced operations professional with a passion for efficiency and knowledge of OEE? If so we have the right career move for you. Put your Lean Six Sigma knowledge to use in our unique specialized colors manufacturing plant and make a difference from day one. You will manage all production, engineering and maintenance operations at the St. Louis production facility with overall responsibility for performance in safety, quality, production output, GMP/HACCP, and cost control.
- In the first 6-12 months continue to drive Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Look into the implementation of shop floor scheduling model
- Over the next 3-5 yrs manage various capital projects as we expand our colors business.
- Create new and enhance existing SOPs.
- Continue to improve our preventative maintenance programs
- Manage operations to meet established cost standards while ensuring production plans are in place and executed to satisfy market demand and maintain economic safety stocks.
- Develop long range capital plan to support manufacturing and capacity requirements.
- Develop annual operating expense budget.
- Ensure safe operating procedures and methods are practiced at all times and promote safety awareness to minimize the number of plant injuries. Minimize product integrity risks through effective practice of HACCP and GMP programs.
- Direct maintenance function to ensure operational reliability and maximize equipment On-Stream-Time through cost effective equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Ensure maintenance of the companyâs union free status through effective communications and fair and consistent enforcement of all company rules and policies and fostering an environment of total employee involvement.
- Achieve maximum quality and yield at the lowest manufacturing costs through establishment and achievement of challenging plant efficiency goals.
- Continuously monitor the state and condition of plant equipment and process technology vs. available new technology to identify improvement opportunities and to ensure both long term reliability and that the organization remains current with best practices and most efficient cost effective methods.
- Provide direction for the Project Engineering Department in development of all new capital projects. Identify capital requirements for annual budgeting process. Designate expenditures of miscellaneous capital budget.
- Direct the efforts of the Process Improvement group focusing on optimization and standardization of both existing and new manufacturing processes to achieve maximum quality and yield at the lowest manufacturing costs.
- Assist subordinates with personal development plans to enhance their effectiveness and satisfaction in their current assignments and to develop an appropriate management succession pool.
- Ensure the highest level of commitment to Safe Quality Food (SQF) in order to provide assurance that all products have been produced, prepared and handled according to the highest possible standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred, MBA is a plus
- Minimum of ten years Operations Management experience.
- Experience in specially or fine chemical manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement programs required.
- Position requires the ability to think conceptually coupled with a very practical approach to achieving planned objectives.
- Strong leadership skills is a must.
- Good organizational and planning skills required.
10.5pt“>About Sensient Colors Group
10.5pt“>Sensient Color Group is a leading developer, producer and supplier of natural and synthetic color systems for customers around the globe. The Company's high-performance products play a central role in the manufacture of foods and beverages, cosmetic and pharmaceutical colors and coatings, inks for commercial and consumer printers, and colors for agricultural uses, household cleaners and paper products. The Color Group is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
10.5pt“>About Sensient Technologies Corporation
10.5pt“>Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
10.5pt“>As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer