Requisition Number: ASSIS01320
To further our mission of helping individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to live their best possible lives, the St. Louis Arc is seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals for the position of Residential Assistant Support Manager. The Assistant Support Manager (ASM) is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to their team; and to assist the Support Manager with tasks and responsibilities delegated to them. The Assistant Support Manager will act as a role model, and will provide quality supports and actively engage with individuals to ensure health and safety. The ASM will also empower individual supports to make decisions, assist in understanding and exercising their rights, and to provide support to achieve their goals.
The Assistant Support Manager (ASM) is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to their team; and to assist the Support Manager with tasks and responsibilities delegated to them. The Assistant Support Manager will act as a role model, and will provide quality supports and actively engage with individuals to ensure health and safety. The ASM will also empower individual supports to make decisions, assist in understanding and exercising their rights, and to provide support to achieve their goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adherence to Arc Core Values of Respect, Collaboration, and Empowerment
- Provide guidance to direct support staff on distribution of day to day responsibilities
- Assist with training and onboarding of new staff including daily notes, work site orientation, and supervised med passes
- Assist the Support Manager with delegated tasks and responsibilities
- Support individuals with daily living skills including but not limited hygiene supports, meal preparation, and maintaining a clean environment
- Collaborate with nursing team to understand and implement medical plans including medications, doctor appointments, and physical supports required for each individual
- Assist individuals’ integration into the community with participation in support groups, employment, volunteer participation and other memberships.
- Assist individuals in planning and implementing personal goals including empowering individuals to make decisions
- Ability to communicate professionally in high stress and/or emotional situations, specifically when conveying information and directives
- Ability to execute and implement standards for Daily Note completion and review
- Support individuals in exercising their rights and responsibilities in all areas of life
- Act as interim Support Manager in the Support Managers absence
- Demonstrates and supports all St. Louis Arc Diversity and Inclusion practices/initiatives
- Required Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Other Requirements:
- CPR/First Aid and Medication Administration Level 1
- Valid Driver’s License with Class E endorsement or equivalent
- Valid car insurance
- MANDT (as required by location)
- Other agency online & classroom based training
- Minimum Years of Experience:
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in related field
- 2 or more years preferred experience in individual supports, customer service, management and educational fields.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively read, writes, and understands English
- Advance computer knowledge and ability to utilize database and other required software
- Skills & Abilities
- Must be physically able to provide necessary first aid/emergency medical treatment, provide physical support to individuals, assisting with personal needs, etc. and to physically evacuate individuals from living arrangements in case of fire/natural disaster.
- Must be able to make sound and immediate decisions in order to ensure the safety of people we support
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms and must be able to complete documentation according to the agency guidelines.
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to collaborate & work as a team as well as the ability to prioritize tasks
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Walking between 6-8 hours
- Standing betwen 6-8 hours
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. from the floor to shoulders
- Travel is required in St. Louis Metro area to various locations per the needs of individuals supported
- Work Environment
- Residential/group home setting with typically 2-6 individuals at a residence. Can be multi-level home with stairs.
- Work hours vary based on the needs of the home.
- Personal vehicle must be in good working condition and able to support 4 individuals or agency vehicle
- Equipment may vary by location and by individual, but may include (Computer, wheelchair, walker, gait belt, Hoyer Lift, medical bed, assistance technology for communication etc.) and basic office equipment