To perform duties in the
manufacturer of high quality biological products.
As an employee of
Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,
development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our
global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to
the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage
lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a
healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion,
mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Prepare all assignedrecords, calculations, and documentation.
- Read and followschedules, procedures, and documents.
- Assist in trainingother employees in an area of responsibility as assigned.
- Assist staff indeveloping new procedures and methods or improving old ones.
- Use and understandcomputer assisted data entry, and process logic controllers (PLCs) includingSAP.
- Assist lower laborgrades as needed to insure the completion of daily tasks.
- Maintain and operatelaboratory equipment, such as but not limited to, spectrophotometer,microscopes, centrifuges, pH meters, integrity testing units.
- Operate and maintainall production equipment including monitoring and properly interpreting allindicators, controls, and PLC controllers.
- Assist introubleshooting equipment problems.
- Assist in performingthe bulking of final product and prepare accurate documentation.
- Perform filterintegrity testing and prepare accurate documentation.
- Calibrate pHcontrollers.
- Prepare, sterilize,and dispense media and solutions.
- Perform filtersterilization and heat sterilization operations.
- Sterilizefermentors, tanks, vessels, and equipment using autoclaves, clean-in-place(CIP), steam-in-place (SIP).
- Aseptically dispensefermentation cultures into storage containers and properly identify.
- Set-up filters forsterilization and prepare accurate documentation.
- Perform productionsterility testing and prepare documentation.
- Maintain productionvessels such as but not limited to pressure hold test, change O rings, inspectvalves, and inspect agitator bearings.
- Set-up, operate,clean centrifuges, and prepare accurate documentation.
- Set-up, operate,clean, sterilize UF and MF concentrators, and prepare accurate documentation.
- Set-up, operate,clean, sterilize emulsifiers, and prepare accurate documentation.
- Perform otherproduction related aseptic processes as required.
- Aseptically gatherand transfer samples for QC testing.
- Perform scheduledpreventative maintenance.
- Assist higher Gradeoperators under supervision
- May perform jobs of thelower grades as required
- All personnel willbe required to routinely go through an aseptic qualification program to ensureadequate aseptic techniques and behavior.
- Other duties asassigned.
- Education and/orExperience
- High school diplomaor equivalent
- Good verbal andwritten communication skills and ability to train others.
- Mathematical Skills
- Perform calculationsand conversions involving weights, volumes, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to use basiclogic to identify and solve problems
- Knowledge and skillto recognize creative ideas that add value and are able to be implemented toimprove efficiency, effectiveness and reduce complexity for department
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Demonstratedunderstanding of systems, equipment, and processes
- Computer Skills
- Experience withWindows Operating System.
- Comprehension andapplication
- Proficient reading,comprehension and application skills toward a diverse set complicated tasks.
- Work related tasks& weights forces associated:
- Empty 800L jacketedtank takes 51.7 lbs break away force moved occasionally.
- Filled 1500L subsare now moved with tow trucks.
- Any sub moving byhand must be done with a minimum of two people if moving assistance devices arenot available.
- Various filled wirebaskets weighing as much as 44 lbs are handled.
- Carboys weighing 50lbs are lifted onto carts.
- Ability to wear arespirator as a requirement of the job, no pulmonary restrictions.
Experience and Abilities:
- Additional Educationand/or Equivalent Experience
- Successfulcompletion of National Career Readiness Work Keys assessment
- Knowledge ofHazardous Waste Handling
- Knowledge ofDecontamination and Sterilization
- Knowledge of TrafficPatterns
- Knowledge of orevidence of working with BPE methods
- Understanding ofBasic GMP/Documentation practices
- Demonstrated abilityand understanding of Safe working habits and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Understanding ofBasic Laboratory Practices, Measurements, Biology and Microbiology Shall havean adequate knowledge of Drug and Chemical names, and be able to distinguishbetween similar names, physical appearance and precautions in handling.
- Must be able toproceed independently in product processing in accordance with standardmethods, standard operating procedures, and Manufacturing Directions, usingproper aseptic techniques.
- Understanding ofoperating in an aseptic environment
- Ability to work in ateam environment
- Demonstratedknowledge of Federal, State, and International regulations, such as cGMP, USDA,DOT, EPA, OSHA as they pertain to the employee’s work.
- Demonstratedknowledge of Corporate guidelines and Policies related to the employee’s work.
- Must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing totake a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years ofage or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation
with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough
therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a
diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for
all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit
join us in our effort to make more health.
Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer
Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer
Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont,
Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to
a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion;
national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic
partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status;
domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.
This position description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.