STARTING RATE: $10.65
Provides exceptional service to all guests and potential guests by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner. Performs all Front Desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in / out, promoting company programs, maintaining guest records, cash handling, etc. May also assist with set up of Breakfast or Evening Beverage which may include food preparation, set up, service and / or cleaning after service. May be asked to perform duties of a Hot Breakfast Host / Hostess or Bartender when needed. Maintains a high standard of integrity, service and hospitality at all times to promote the Drury culture with customers and co-workers.
- Has a +1 Service Attitude and provides courteous, friendly guest service by discovering and responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains accurate information in all resources as required.
- Keeps records and reports as outlined in the Drury Hotels Procedures Manual.
- Maintains the front desk / lobby area in a clean and organized manner.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the front desk system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure per procedure.
- Assists guests on arrival and departure through friendly, efficient and accurate check-in and check-out procedures.
- Monitors guests' satisfaction of their overall hotel stay experience, and informs management of special comments made by guests.
- Appreciates the diversity of our team and guests and contributes to maintaining a positive work environment at all times.
- Assists with Breakfast and 5:30 Kickback preparation and service as required. May include food preparation, set up, service and / or cleaning after service. May be asked to perform duties of a Hot Breakfast Host / Hostess or Bartender when needed.
- Keeps current knowledge of marketing programs, special rates and promotions applicable to the hotel and promotes to guests.
- Operates the telephone system and follows Company policy regarding telephone etiquette when taking incoming calls, making outgoing calls and wake-up calls, etc.
- Accurately processes incoming and outgoing reservation and cancellation requests received by mail, fax, telephone, in person, and via the National Reservation Center.
- Complies with the hotel's safety / security rules and instructions in performing work efficiently while protecting self, fellow workers and the hotel.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
General Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Requires ability to take written and verbal direction and speak English clearly and read English.
Requires ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly manner in providing a hospitable environment.
Requires ability to give attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
Requires thorough knowledge of Drury Hotels policies and procedures, for guest services.
Requires ability to handle money, make change and utilize office machines in the normal day-to-day activities.
Must be willing to and have the ability to work alone as scheduled. At some locations, may be the only team member on property during work shift.
Mental and Physical Requirements
AGE: Must be at least 18 years of age.
EDUCATION: Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in working with the public in a service industry or in related activities is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Requires ability to walk and stand during entire working period of 8 hours; requires ability to lift 10 - 15 pounds.
Reports to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Front Office Manager.
Maintains and promotes a positive and cooperative work relationship with all hotel departments
I have read and discussed the above with my manager, and I fully understand the description of my job.