Providence Life Services offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more.
Be a part of our brand new, exciting “small house concept” skilled nursing community located in St. John, IN. We are currently seeking Full-Time C.N.A./Care Partners for the evening (3pm-11pm) shift. This is an excellent career opportunity for individuals who are truly passionate about providing care for the elderly!
The care partner will provide care to the elders living in our small home environment. The primary role is to protect, sustain, and nurture the elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living, and meeting other needs as required. The core goal of the work of the care partner will be to provide assistance, which promotes quality of life and a positive elder hood. The responsibilities of the care partner includes care of the elder and the elders’ environment, including cooking, laundry, and housekeeping. The care member is a member of a Self-Directed Work Team (SDWT) and is responsible for coordinating aspects of the team’s work.
Summary of essential job functions
- Assist with the admissions process and greet residents and family members.
- Provide family style care to the residents, being “one of the family”.
- Responsible for cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Make fluids and snacks available between meals and at bedtime.
- Assist in toileting, bathing, and daily grooming of assigned residents.
- Support and represent the mission of Providence as shown by your actions while on duty.
- Maintain a calm, pleasant living environment for the residents.
- Document changes in medical condition to the appropriate nurses on duty.
- Give and receive shift reports to ensure consistent medical care is delivered.
- Measure and record vital signs as necessary or instructed.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet.
- Must have a compassionate, empathetic and nurturing personality.
- Must truly have a desire to care for the elderly.
- Must be mature and career minded.
- Must have a Nursing Assistant Certification for the State of Indiana.
- Previous experience in long-term care is a plus.
All full time PLS employees are eligible for the following:
- Major medical insurance with five options
- Dental Insurance
- Basic life insurance
- Long term disability
- Short term disability
- Voluntary term life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plans
- Credit union
- Employee assistance program
- Flex spending account
- Vacation pay, sick pay and holiday pay