HydroExtrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 34,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location:St. Augustine, FL
As a Controls/Automation Engineer, you will be working on creating, improving, and implementing systems and processes in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. You will ensure that sufficient controls are in place and that performance, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Create and improve automated systems and processes.
- Research and implement new manufacturing machinery and controls.
- Create Standardized Work / JSAs for new manufacturing processes.
- Ensure proper/safe operation of equipment and communicate issues effectively to the proper resources and frontline leadership
- Develop improved manufacturing and testing processes that are necessary to achieve the performance and cost requirements of current and future aluminum manufacturing applications.
- Recommend and prepare changes, additions, and modifications that will facilitate value created in the manufacturing process.
- Lead continuous improvement through regularly scheduled assessments and closed loop corrective action implementation.
- Ensure processes are capable, have sufficient controls in place, can meet delivery
requirements and meet cost targets.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, and or equivalent work experience required
- 3 + years of industrial automation systems design and implementation in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Prior knowledge of aluminum extrusion process a plus
- Fluent in MS Office preferred
- Familiarity with SL, Python, and JAVA Required
- Field Engineering Background
- PLC/HMI/SCADA systems design experience
- Fluent in AutoCad & Solidworks
- Lean Manufacturing principles including waste reduction experience.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro youre part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before:
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form belowor by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.