We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa?
If Vacasa's incredible growth didn't make it obvious, we're good at what we do. We're people people. We think on our feet, and respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, and talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to help us implement and adapt our growth plan. The role we are hiring for will include a variety of tasks including researching our competitors and local regulations, developing referral networks with local real estate agents and other potential sources within the vacation rental industry, drafting customized letters to potential clients, cold calling prospective leads, systematically managing leads, setting appointments, meeting with prospective clients, closing sales, representing our company in a professional and collaborative manner in the community and contributing to the strategic direction for the Business Development Team.
In the role of Business Development Representative you will work closely with your manager to advance your career goals in line with the goals of Vacasa. This will require knowledge of the vacation rental industry, the ability to act as a consultant to homeowners, and to initiate what will be long term relationships with clients for the company.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone and in person, can learn and adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices, and find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable, and coachable.
What you'll do
- Primary duty will be to handle inbound/outbound sales operations through telesales and in-person meetings
- Collaborate with team to identify opportunities, plan and execute management portfolio growth
- Learn and communicate company services and policies and to stay on top of policy changes
- Consistently log and update calls and leads into company-specific lead management system
- Handle large volume of networking and lead generation while following through on established leads
- Attend weekly department meetings
Skills you'll need
- Ability to generate leads and build trust with prospects over the phone, work with other team members, close sales
- Must be able to develop confidence with prospects over the phone and in person
- Grounded in ethical business practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and education -- communications, psychology, legal backgrounds encouraged
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, while having the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed
- Solid computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office and cloud computing programs
- Ability and desire to work for a growing, fast-paced start-up company with an evolving structure and frequently changing computer systems and policies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to set and exceed aggressive individual and organizational goals
Home office or Vacasa office setting to start with occasional training sessions at the Portland corporate office and offsite team meetings in our various regions. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients and the ability to build confidence with leads over the phone.
What you'll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture