HRLY Production Supervisor
Req Number: 227-20721
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of an operating department and plans, directs and coordinates support services; as well as the training and development of its employees. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; some creativity and latitude is expected; works under the supervision of a manager.
- Implements methods to achieve plans and goals of the department and to maintain quality and customer standards/expectations.
- Directs the activity of a group of employees and motivates for maximum productivity.
- Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operating equipment.
- Reviews pre-shift machine inspections and addresses machine concerns according to internal procedure.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment; consistently checks quality of inbound and outbound material; and implements CI principals to improve current processes.
- Identifies researches and resolves various problems and opportunities.
- Evaluates performance of individuals and various programs.
- Coaches and assists employees to help them perform their job functions more safely, productively, and efficiently. Disciplines employees when necessary, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Conducts Sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees.
- Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
- Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives.
- Prepares production reports and maintains records as required.
- Participates in Safety Committee and ensures that assigned department is in compliance with established safety standards.
- Manages employees time and attendance through the T&A system.
- May drive a forklift to assist moving material to and from the production area
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience; 3 to 5 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of production reporting and production scheduling
- Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species.
- Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
- Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
- Bust be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
- Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
- Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and act decisively when conditions change
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer, calculator, and telephone.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to communicate with management regarding people, products and equipment
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious and strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and has a positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Punctual and reliable