Crush/Convey Diagnostic Electrician (Safford, AZ, US, 85548)
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled workers in the Electrical/Instrumentation craft who perform at or above a Journeyman level including but not limited to removal, repair and installation of electrical components, electrical systems analysis and diagnosis, advanced troubleshooting and systems/process optimization. Employees may mentor or train other electrical employees. Employee will work under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- Removal, repair and installation of electrical components, electrical systems, analysis and diagnosis, advanced troubleshooting and systems/process optimization; may mentor or train other electrical workers
- Safe completion of routine and non-routine repairs and construction
- Perform preventative maintenance including installation, repair and troubleshooting of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment (i.e. substations, power distribution systems, switchgear motors, motor controls, systems and components, process controls, instrumentation and pneumatic equipment)
- Must have strong knowledge in the maintenance and troubleshooting of AC/DC drives, PLCs, overhead cranes, management control systems, calibration of field transmitters/transducers and weigh scales, and low and medium voltage equipment
- Ability to perform installations and renovations compliant with regulatory agency standards
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participate in safety and environmental activities, and use plant and equipment correctly at all times
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
- Completion of an approved Certified Electronics, Electrical and/or Instrumentation Program, OR
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance, OR
- Associate's degree or Trade School Certification in a related field and two (2) years of experience in Industrial Electrical and/or Instrumentation repair and maintenance
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and connected equipment; this includes the ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company
- Must have minimum personal tools as described by the department tool list or be able to obtain them within 90 days of hire date
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with VFDs, PLC, HMI, and/or SCADA Control Systems
- Experience working with low and medium voltages
- Experience with AC and/or DC controls
- Experience with instrumentation devices
- Experience with diagnostic electrical test equipment
- Experience with HVAC equipment
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- This is a Safety Sensitive role
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated pay range for this role is currently $30.00 - $41.00/hour. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity Employer