Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Responsible for providing customer service and support to the Region Manager's broker relationships.
- Responsible for providing customer service and support to Union Bank approved brokers and Regional Sales Manager.
- Task include but not limited to: Providing information on loan product parameters and information and guidelines, (i.e. RLU/RLO guidelines)
- Discuss program options/scenarios with brokers and answering their questions regarding the Bank's guidelines for various mortgage loan products.
- Answer broker calls regarding rate quotes and/or confirmation, discuss loan scenarios, ratios, qualifying rates and provide options, provide current loans-in-process status, address broker loan issues and elevate to Regional manager, underwriting and other appropriate staff as needed.
- Assist Region Manager in providing sales support. May include face to face meeting and presentations for marketing purposes or to answer questions on loan products and guidelines and to resolve issues.
- Assist with training of new brokers in the use of broker platform and ongoing support to users of broker platform.
- Assist manager in managing pipeline, and all necessary follow-up, from submission to funding.
- Manage broker distribution list of weekly rate sheets and whenever rates change; weekly marketing e-mails; broker bulletins and other broker communications.
- Serve as liaison between brokers underwriting and Central Loan Processing Center staff.
- Explain approval conditions, counteroffers and loan denial to brokers.
- Responsible for assisting with the any administrative duties related to managing broker relationships.
- Requires a minimum of 1 to 2 years of wholesale mortgage sales experience as well as 1 to 2 years of previous general RE loan work experience that provides good working knowledge of mortgage industry guidelines, government regulations and compliance.
- Working experience with computer software programs such as Word, Power point, Excel etc.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, simultaneously; ability to establish priority and coordinate work.
- Excellent communication skills to work with management, brokers and business area staff.
- Working experience in business language, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to make basic math and loan prequalification calculations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.