If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:
This is a seasonal position with the potential to become a regular hire. Load and/or drives truck over established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage products, while completing appropriate paperwork by performing the following duties:
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys and moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or production code.
- Sorts and stores some goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to loading station or stacks into trucks.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Arranges stock in specified sequence for distribution by other workers.
- Drives and operates lifting equipment to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of truck prior to each day's deliveries.
- Drives truck to deliver items to assigned customer's place of business.
- Records sales or deliveries information on delivery records.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or specified merchandise. Loads truck.
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside of truck.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers, managers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MANAGEMENT ABILITY: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid Class A or B driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift to 75 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl daily
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
Enjoy a career with us!