Relief Sales Professional - Bimbo Marinela - Sacramento CA
Relief Sales Professional - Bimbo Marinela - Sacramento CA
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Relief Route Sales Professional represents Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) in the market, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market execution, the Relief Route Sales Professional's primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships, good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and provide incidental sales-related service that exceeds the customer's expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities (including duties incidental to primary sales duties):
- Be accountable for working safely
- Analyze sales data to help drive effective decisions in the market as well as drive brand growth with customers through increased sales and the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of promotions.
- Investigate, create and follow through on all growth opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business within the route territory.
- Execution of world class merchandising and proper rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products.
- Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
- Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers' established service frequency patterns.
- Utilize the order management tools (order management program, promotional and holiday planning information) while making independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are being sold and delivered.
- Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
- Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Lives and promotes the company's safety beliefs and principles, ensuring safe work practices are being followed by all and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to drive the achievement of the safety goal of zero incidents.
- Lives and promotes the Beliefs of the Company, including respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding customer and consumer expectations as well as working to meet the company's strategic and financial goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 1-3 years of sales and/or customer service experience.
Previous experience in DSD operations or route sales is a plus.
Demonstrate passion to achieve results and work well with others.
- Strong motivation to build customer relationships and achieve Route Sales Professional and company goals.
- Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus.
- Strong work ethic; able to work independently
- Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a DOT medical card.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis, as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
- Must be able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.