The Registered Nurse role focuses primarily on the clinical direction and coordination of a patient-care team in collaboration with the medical staff to provide a full range of patient services. The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of licensure to provide patient care; assess patient and family needs; implementation of the plan of care; and, review and evaluate the effectiveness. The Registered Nurse also provides care based on the age-related needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, education needs, communication style and level of understanding.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program and has successfully passed RN examination.
- Current California RN license.
- Minimum of six (6) months area specific acute care experience within the last two (2) years – REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of nursing process in assessment of physical and psychosocial, psychological needs of patients.
- Aware of adult learning principles in providing teaching of patients and families.
- Current Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) recognition (American Heart Association or Greater Sacramento Region)
- Satisfactory completion of IV and medication exam.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle public contact, confidential information and maintain effective workflow systems; able to prioritize.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computer equipment and software programs.
- Possess ability to read, speak and write English legibly, spell correctly, and perform basic mathematics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
Trauma Neuro ICU department specific requirements:
- New employees without previous critical care experience; Successful completion of ECCO (Electronic Critical Care Orientation) course or equivalent within three (3) months of hire.
Successful completion of:
- ACLS within six (6) months of start date and must maintain recognition.
- Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) required within one (1) year of hire and maintain verification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) recognition within six (6) months of start date and must maintain recognition.